Friday, October 2, 2009

September Book List

Hey there.

I was so busy posting pictures that I forgot about the book list for September. I thought about it.

It was even on my to-do list.

But then real work came in, and I had to ...... work..... on it. Yeah.

So here I am, posting this on my lunch break.

Chanin, Natalie, with Stacie Stukin. Alabama Stitch Book: Projects and Stories Celebrating Hand-Sewing, Quilting, & Embroidery for Contemporary Sustainable Style. New York: Stewart, Tabori, & Channing, 2008.*

In short, this was about sewing with old t-shirts. I've been in a sewing mood lately, and there were some lovely patterns in here. And lovely pictures. And I copied down a biscuit recipe.

Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan. The Complete Sherlock Holmes, Volume II. New York: Barnes & Noble Classics, 2003.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading all 709 pages of this before bed since I bought it back in July. Man, I love Sherlock Holmes. And Watson.

L'Engle, Madeleine. Dragons in the Waters. New York: Fararr, Straus and Giroux, 1976.

I'd read this before. But it was nice to read again.

L'Engle, Madeleine. The Love Letters. 1966. New York: Ballantine Books, 1983.

I had not read this before and brought it along on my beach trip. It was disappointing. I hate to say that about Madeleine L'Engle, but I must. I'm sticking with her juvenile fiction from now on. And even then....I can't believe she did this to me.

Thomis, Malcolm. The Luddites: Machine-Breaking in Regency England. New York: Schocken Books, 1970.

Loved it!

No comments: